A rolling programme of workshops caters for all levels. Led by club members, they provide hands on experience and application in the following.
- Filming Movement
- ‘How Did They Do That ?’
- Crossing The Line
- Presentation Techniques
- Scene recreation
- Film analysis and discussion
- Project pitching and planning
Driven by great coaching led by seasoned professionals.
- Software – Editing with Adobe, colour grading with Da Vinchi, sound design with audition
- The tech – Black magic, Go pro, Sony, drones, jib and grip equipment, multi camera, Zoom sound recording, radio and directional microphone techniques
- The skills – Script writing, directing actors, producing, pre and post-production
There are always individual projects going on within Sutton Film Makers. Members have creative freedom to work in their own way.
In addition to collaborative work, members lend their services to club projects e.g. making documentaries for local good causes.
At club nights members seek assistance with technical set ups for both types of ongoing projects. Recent club nights have included:
- Lighting Mock-ups for feature films
- Script Reading Evening for short films
- Green screen advice for promotional videos
- Practice interview techniques